The fear of the unknown is cause for alarm to many. You have been showing symptoms that will not leave. The numerous visits to the pharmacy only make you tired but yield no results. Finally the doctor suggests you get tested. It could be a case of food sensitivity.
Food Sensitivity is hard to diagnose. It has delayed response. This means the symptoms don’t manifest until later, sometimes it can take up to 72 hours.
Depending on which area the antibodies attack, food sensitivity displays a wide range of symptoms. There are common signs that your body is reacting to the food you are eating. These are:
- Having difficulties in concentrating
- Pain in the joints
- Painful bloated stomach
- Constipation and Diarrhea
- Weight gain
The best way to be rid of these symptoms is to take on the elimination diet. In this method you eliminate certain foods from your diet. You bring them back gradually and note how your body reacts.
Step By Step on How to Go About the Elimination Diet
- Do away with the toxic foods such as sugar, alcohol, caffeine from your diet. These toxic are not to be re-introduced back to the diet.
- Remove the inflammatory foods such as
eggs, potatoes, and pepper from your diet. You can re-introduce the inflammatory foods after two weeks.
How to go about re-introducing the foods
- When two weeks are over, slowly begin to bring back the inflammatory food test company one by one. This will help you test the body’s response to each food.
- You will then need to eat that particular food three times a day for three days. The results will be clean and reliable.
- Make sure you make a note of how each food made you feel. Was there a reaction to the particular food or not?
- If you react to any of the food, remove it again. Return to the program guidelines until such a time that there are no more symptoms.
- Going through this process will help you be sure what you don’t need to eat. You can now add the safe foods upon completion of the re-introduction.
Another method you can use to check what could be the problem is to have a blood test. With the blood test you are able to get as much information concerning what is happening in your body. The disadvantage is that it is not 100% proven to be accurate.
It can be challenging if you discover you have food sensitivity and you have no idea what to do. Regular visits to the doctor will ease off some pressure. You will be guided on what best works for you.